In my search to know more about this disease, I found the following links. I hope they will be useful in your search.
General Diabetes Pages
- Diabetes World Flight
- Douglas Cairns aim - To be the first pilot with Type 1 Diabetes to fly
around the world in a light aircraft and raise money for diabetes research.
Newsgroup:alt.support.diabetes - and it's website is here which contains the forum postings, members gallery, and connection to the chat room.
Insulin Pumpers Support
- Insulin Pumpers provides information and support for adults and children with diabetes and their families interested in insulin pump therapy.
There is a special section devoted to children with diabetes and the stories about how an insulin pump has changed their lives.
Yahoo Diabetes Groups
- note, all the Yahoo diabetes clubs have been migrated to here as well.
Insulin Pump companies
- Diabetes Exercise and Sports Associaction
- Diabetes Exercise & Sports Association (DESA) exists to enhance the quality
of life for people with diabetes through exercise and physical fitness.
and Martial Arts
- Gary Hall, Jr., Olympic Gold Medalist, joined
childrenwithdiabetes.com for a special chat about the challenges of
managing diabetes when competing on a world class level, and how to
fit diabetes into any athletic activity. The chat was held on
Wednesday, February 27, 2002.
- Yoga & Diabetes
- American Yoga Association's sheet describing the helpful uses of yoga
for helping with one's blood sugar and circulation.
- Riding Motorcycles on Insulin
- A forum for Motorcycle Riders who also happen to be insulin dependent.
Pregnancy + Breastfeeding
Nutrient Research Database
- The same data is available arranged by food group here. There is a great deal of information, so most people are better off using the searchable database.
- The University of Sydney Australian GI Database
- A searchable index of glycemic indexes. (Using Glucose=100 scale)
- Mass DocFinder
This allows you to check up on a Massachusetts Doctor. It shows
everything from where they were trained, to malpractice and
Medical Device Search
- This allows you to look up reports of
adverse events involving medical devices. The data consists of all
voluntary reports since June, 1993, user facility reports since 1991,
distributor reports since 1993, and manufacturer reports since August,
- Lab Tests Online
- A website that has information about lab tests, what they are for, what readings you should get, and what they do to perform the test.
A database of commonly used medications and their usage, interactions, and other useful information.
Summer Diabetes Camp Directory
- Summer Camps for kids and teens (The one I pointed to was the Diabetes Camp section). International directory of summercamps includes traditional camps, academic camps, arts, and travel programs.
- A retreat
for critically ill children and their families.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of
- MedicAlert is a
company that makes medical notification tags, and runs a service that
holds the members medical information. Highly recommended.
Return to main page