Results of quantization method:
- Four modes of transmission:
- Two transverse waves.
- One longitudinal wave.
- One scalar wave.
- Transverse waves are photons for EM.
- Longitudinal and scalar modes are gravitons of gravity traveling at the speed
of light, generated by a symmetric rank-2 field strength tensor.
- General relativity predicts transverse waves, not scalar or longitudinal ones. The LIGO experiment to detect gravitational waves will be looking for transverse gravitational waves. GEM predicts the polarization will not be transverse.
- Gravitational modes are coupled to Newton's gravitational constant G^.5 and not h bar. This might get around negative energy problem because gravity quanta are not emitted.
Slide 17 hangs out too late.